The first burial took place at St. Wenceslaus Cemetery in 1884. The cemetery is located about three blocks north of the historic St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in New Prague. Remains and monuments older than 1884 were moved here from the old churchyard prior to the third version of St. Wenceslaus (current) church being built in 1906-07. The majority of graves hold the remains of the Czech and German immigrants that settled the area and their descendants.

The cemetery’s chapel was built in 1899. It’s constructed of solid marble walls and features stained glass windows and a copper dome topped with the angel, Gabriel. The remains of three priests are interred beneath the chapel in a crypt.