The Farmers and Mechanics Savings Bank in Minneapolis was constructed between 1891 and 1893. It was originally built as a one-story, Beaux-Arts building for the bank. The exterior was clad in limestone and resembled white marble and three bays paired with two sets of Corinthian columns leading to arched doorways.

In 1908, the building was expanded with an exterior similar to the original, but on a larger scale. The three bays of the portico were paired with four sets of columns placed upon rustic stone piers leading to the same arched doorways. Through the center arch there was an open loggia that has since been enclosed. Inside the bank, marble walls greeted customers and a large, stained-glass dome gave the ladies banking lobby a little extra glamour. 

Because the newer building and parking ramp on beside it now abut the old bank building, the wrap-around effect of the façade has been removed. Nonetheless, the building still looks much the same as it did back in 1908.